Experienced print journalist with unmatched research skills and more than 500 bylined articles in the past five years. Keen ability to understand technical topics and learn new jargon quickly. Entrepreneurial spirit drives an ability to handle multiple projects with an adherence to deadline. Professional attitude mixed with easy-going personality leads to many ongoing professional relationships. This self-motivated, career contract worker doesn’t disappoint.
Freelance Writer, Atlanta, Georgia (2005-Present)
• Write articles and columns for local, regional and national publications, including Atlanta Business Chronicle, The Atlanta Jewish Times, Atlanta Woman, PINK, Today’s Chiropractic Lifestyle, Points North, Canadian Builders Quarterly, Gwinnett Business Journal, KNOWAtlanta, Cobb in Focus and The Printing and Imaging Association of Georgia. Specialize in business trends, profiles and strategies, as well as healthcare and lifestyle topics. Attained cover story status with many publications. Also has experience in ghostwriting articles and columns.
• Conceptualize and develop story ideas specific for clients’ readership.
• Create corporate copy for bios, case studies and other marketing tools.
CSP Information Group
Research Analyst, Atlanta, Georgia (March 2008-Present)
• Seek and interview petroleum executives, then report on itemized buying trends in convenience store industry through written narratives.
• Analyze data and summarize into online narratives for c-store vendors.
• Exceeded monthly writing quotas and earned accelerated pay.
• Recognized for outstanding work via added projects and extended work contract.
Owner, Artist, Atlanta, Georgia (2000-2005)
• Created original line of custom-painted children’s piggybanks.
• Marketed and promoted line to wholesale and retail clients nationwide.
• Hand-painted, sold and shipped 200-300 units per month.
Purfect Neighbor, Inc.
Sole Proprietor, Alpharetta, Georgia (1995-2005)
• Conceptualized and created the first known solo pet sitting business in the North Fulton area, with 50+ clients and only one complaint in 10 years of operation.
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois